We often hear that people need to build up their confidence before they come to one of our classes!
From my personal experience here are a few reasons why you should stop putting it off:
- It is super fun!
- It doesn’t matter if you have no experience, our coaches are trained and able to help anyone who joins into a session, whether it is your first time on skates or you skated as a child we can get you up and rolling.
- It is a non-competitive environment (even if we do exercises in groups, there are never any losers, everyone wins when they are roller skating)
- Exercise helps with anxiety, so when you start rolling and get the adrenalin and endorphins you will feel great!
- Don’t be scared away by any of the more complex skills you see us do online. Our beginner courses are aimed at absolute beginners, and we will alter the class to your level not expect you to do skills that are beyond your ability.
- WE LOVE SEEING NEW PEOPLE ON ROLLER SKATES!
Here are a few ways to make it easier:
- Bring a friend. If you don’t have one that wants to skate come anyway, you will probably make friends straight away! (A friend of mine asked me to come with her 3 years ago and now I coach RollerFit and play Roller Derby, I never saw that coming).
- Email us in advance and ask any questions you may have.
- Check out our fun photos and videos online and on Instagram.
Amy (RollerFit Instructor)