Northcote / Kulin Nation
Please note that RollerFit and Roller Dance Levels are different, see the classes explained page for more info. If you are new to roller dance skating we recommend booking into the Fundamentals 1, or if you have some prior knowledge and are unsure or have any questions email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss which class to join. To take part in the dance classes you must be able to confidently skate forward, stop and turn around. Backwards skating ability is highly recommended.
Minimum age 14 years.
11:30 am – 12:30 pm: Fundamentals 4 Casual Class (Advanced) with Amy
12:30 pm – 1:30 pm: Fundamentals 3 Casual Class (Intermediate) with Amy
1:30 pm – 2:30 pm: Fundamentals 2 Course* (Beginner Plus) with Fi
2:30 pm – 3:30 pm: Fundamentals 1 Course* (Beginner) with Fi
* Courses run for 4 weeks continuously throughout the year. For updates on upcoming courses please sign up to the Roller Dance mailing list below.
6:30pm to 7:30pm: Roller Dance Jam (Self Directed Training)
Class & Workshop Pricing
Members: $20 (B.Y.O SKATES)
Non-members: $25 (B.Y.O SKATES)
Roller Dance Jam
Members: $12 (B.Y.O SKATES)
Non-members: $15 (B.Y.O SKATES)
Roller Dance Courses vary in price depending on length of course and length of classes. Please check bookwhen for up to date pricing and current workshops.
Class Passes for 1-4 casual dance classes and initial membership sign up can be purchased via the booking site for Roller Dance Northcote classes.
Join our Membership Program!
For a one-off fee of $45, you get:
- A welcome pack, which includes our current RollerFit gift and a $10 voucher for our store.
- Access to our members-only Facebook group, making it easy to keep up to date with new events and products
- Access to class passes and more affordable drop-in classes.
- 10% discount for the RollerFit shop on selected products
If you don’t want to become a member, that’s OK! You can continue to pay the drop-in casual prices and keep rolling with us as much as you please.
Nestled in Northcote bushland on the banks of Merri Creek you will find our dance venue. Plenty of parking in the surrounding streets, if you are putting this into your GPS do not put the unit number as that will take you to the incorrect location, check google maps below for an accurate location. This is the last building on the left-hand side of the road when driving.
Around a decade ago RollerFit started as a group of women who wanted to get fit rolling around on basketball courts. Now, due to the appeal of our classes, we have locations all across the East coast of Australia. Meet our coaches of the Northcote RollerDance Classes.
Northcote Roller Dance ROLLERFIT
At RollerFit we get questions from skaters of all levels, all the time. To make life easier for you (and us), we’ve put together our most frequently asked questions below and there’s even more listed here.
If you have a question please take a look here first so our team can spend their time making more awesome stuff happen on wheels.
See the class timetable at the start of this page or click here to go to the booking site for the Northcote Roller Dance schedule.
- Hit the “book now” button or click here.
- If you have a RollerFit bookwhen account, log in to use your class pass. If you do not have a class pass or are booking a class for the first time, go to Step 3.
- Select your desired class/es by clicking on the class and pressing the “Select” button and choosing your preferred ticket option. If you want to purchase a class pass see Step 4. If you do not want to purchase a class pass go to Step 5.
- Once you’ve selected your classes you can then add a class pass to your booking. Go to the “CLASS PASSES” tab at the top of the page and select the pass you wish to purchase. Once you’ve added your class pass to your cart you should see a line through the class price of each booking and green text underneath reading “class pass use” in your cart. You must be a RollerFit Member to access class passes. If you are not a Member you can purchase a Membership and Class Pass on the booking page.
- Review your bookings, add any Members discount codes necessary and hit the green “Book now” button at the bottom of the page.
- Fill out the required information for Attendee Details.
- Complete the online payment by clicking on the “PayPal check out” button if necessary.
- Once the payment or booking is complete you will see a confirmation screen to say your booking is complete. If you have not already done so, you can now create an account.
- If you happen to make a mistake or want to change your booking at any time up until the class you can do this via the bookwhen system using the details from your confirmation booking email or account.
If you need to cancel please email email@example.com to discuss. All cancellation requests must be made within 48 hours or more before your scheduled class.
If you have never roller skated before we recommend you check out our RollerFit Development classes first. You can also check out our classes explained page for information on class levels. We have beginner classes at our Reservoir venue, which are specifically geared to teaching the absolute basics of roller skating. We can’t wait to start you off on your roller skating journey!
All RollerFit roller dance class are B.Y.O skates only.
If you don’t have your own skates or are looking to upgrade, we sell all types of skates, across all disciplines. From beginner to advanced, recreational to professional. All of our coaches are well educated on the kinds of skates available and what is best for each style of skating, so you might want to chat with us at your next class. We love talking about skate gear, so don’t be shy.
Alternatively, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org for some advice.
To browse the options available, visit our shop. All RollerFit members receive a 10% discount on some of our stock.
RollerFit roller dance classes are B.Y.O gear and skates only. If you want to wear protective gear please bring your own or you can purchase your own through our online shop.
We know that roller skating is a fun and exciting skill to photograph and video, whether that be to record personal progress or share with friends and family or on social media. Whilst we encourage skaters and/or parents/caregivers to feel comfortable creating this content, we also want all RollerFit participants to enjoy their classes to the fullest extent.
If you would like to photograph or video content before, during or after classes please be mindful of other skaters around you. Keep photography or filming to the edges of the skating space. If you are a spectator please remain on the side of the court, for the safety of all persons in attendance.
If you can see other skaters in your photos or videos, please be respectful and obtain consent. If the photo or video features a child or youth under the age of 18, you must obtain consent from the child’s parent or caregiver. In all cases of obtaining consent please explain the potential use of the content, such as keeping to monitor personal progress or sharing on social media. If consent cannot be obtained we politely ask that you do not include the person in your photo/video, or, if the photo has already been taken or video filmed please delete the content and make sure not to distribute it.