Get in Touch
Let Us Answer Your Questions
Hey, thanks for being interested in RollerFit!
Before you contact us please check our FAQS below to see if you can get your answer quicker.
If you can’t find your answer there, or want to ask something else, send us an email. We get a lot of questions coming to our inbox each day so please allow 5-7 business days for a response. We answer all our emails during business hours Monday – Friday.
If you have questions about skates or skating products please direct your questions to our shop staff at email@example.com.
Booking is compulsory for all our classes except for Bathurst. Make sure you book via bookwhen on the corresponding venue page.
Once you’ve found your preferred venue’s page:
- Hit the “book now” button or click here.
- If you have a RollerFit bookwhen account, log in to use your class pass. If you do not have a class pass or are booking a class for the first time, go to Step 3.
- Select your desired class/es by clicking on the class and pressing the “Select” button and choosing your preferred ticket option. If you want to purchase a class pass see Step 4. If you do not want to purchase a class pass go to Step 5.
- Once you’ve selected your classes you can then add a class pass to your booking. Go to the “CLASS PASSES” tab at the top of the page and select the pass you wish to purchase. Once you’ve added your class pass to your cart you should see a line through the class price of each booking and green text underneath reading “class pass use” in your cart. You must be a RollerFit Member to access class passes. If you are not a Member you can purchase a Membership on the [venue name] booking page.
- Review your bookings and hit the green “Book now” button at the bottom of the page.
- Fill out the required information for Attendee Details.
- Complete the online payment by clicking on the “PayPal check out” button if necessary.
- Once the payment or booking is complete you will see a confirmation screen to say your booking is complete. If you have not already done so, you can now create an account.
- If you happen to make a mistake or want to change your booking at any time up until the class you can do this via the bookwhen system using the details from your confirmation booking email or account.
Transfers and cancellations can be made up to 8 hours before the scheduled class or session start time. Strictly no refunds on class or session tickets. You can transfer or cancel your ticket/s via the booking confirmation email or bookwhen account only.
How to cancel:
- Find your confirmation email and hit the “View Booking” button.
- Go to the “classes booked” section and click ticket options. A dropdown box will appear with a “cancel booking” and alternative class transfer options.
- Click “cancel booking” and follow the prompts to confirm booking cancellation.
- You will receive an email notification with the cancellation and refund details if relevant.
A transfer of your booking to another class can only be made if the class is live for booking.
How to transfer:
- Find your confirmation email and hit the “View Booking” button.
- Go to the “classes booked” section and click ticket options. A dropdown box will appear with alternative class options you can transfer to. Select your preferred class to transfer your booking and follow the prompts to finalise the transfer.
- You will receive an email notification with the details of your booking transfer. Transfers can only be made twice per booking.
Most of our regular RollerFit Development venues offer skate hire. Please see the FAQ section on your preferred venue’s page for details regarding skate hire availability and size range.
If skate hire is available at your closest venue, uou can nominate your preferred skate size when booking into to classes and they will be ready and waiting for you on the day.
Please note that we do not offer skate hire for our RollerFit Dance classes or workshops.
We provide wrist guards or palm sliders at most our venues, free of charge. Please check the FAQ section on your preferred venue page for more details.
We do not provide knee pads, elbow pads or helmets. If you want to wear these, please bring your own or you can purchase online here.
We do not offer protective gear for hire at our Roller Dance classes or workshops.
You sure can! The vast majority of our classes cater to all levels of skating experience. We welcome those who have never skated before, all the way through to advanced skaters. Check out our classes explained page for information on class levels. We even have some beginner classes which are all about teaching the absolute basics. Check out our schedule for beginner friendly and learn to skate classes. We can’t wait to start you off on your roller skating journey!
When you first come along, a casual class is $25 per class, plus $5 skate hire if necessary. You can keep paying this rate as a non-member and casual drop-in for as along as you want, so long as you book in via bookwhen. Check our locations and venues pages for more detailed info about class pricing.
We offer a non-compulsory RollerFit membership with a variety of benefits. For a one-off fee you receive a membership pack, access to $20 drop-in classes, 10% off our online and in-store skate products, and access to RollerFit class passes that make each class even more affordable.
You will also be signed up to our mailing list, so you can easily keep up to date with new skate products and special events. If you do not want to become a member you can continue to pay the non-membership drop in prices.
Check your venue / city page for more details on membership.
We offer our RollerFit members the option of purchasing 5, 10 or 20 classes in advance. These will give you a discount on regular class prices. You can purchase your class pass online via bookwhen. Your class pass is digitally kept on bookwhen.
Class pass rates:
5 class pass: $90 (works out to $18 per class, use within 2 months)
10 class pass: $160 (works out to $16 per class, use within 4 months)
20 class pass: $280 (works out to $14 per class, use within 6 months)
To buy your pass you need to become a Member, click on your venue below to find out how to become a member:
All classes are pre-paid and pre-booked via bookwhen only.
Only Bathurst classes are the exception with cash only payment.
Extensions for Class Passes may be granted in certain circumstances such as going away on holiday or injury. Class Pass extensions are granted at the discretion of the RollerFit HQ team and are not guaranteed. Strictly no refunds or exchanges on Class Passes. To request an extension for a Class Pass please email your state/territory contact.
Think of RollerFit as a fitness class with skates. We advise you wear comfy gym clothes that you’re happy to get sweaty in. We also advise you wear clothes with a bit of stretch as most classes will have manoeuvres that will require you to move freely. Above all, you should wear what you feel comfortable in! For some people that’s old shorts and a t-shirt. For some, it’s full spandex. We welcome all styles!
Sure! You are welcome to bring your own skates, whether inlines/blades or quads – but we only offer quad skates for hire.
Most of our coaches expertise are in quad skating only. Our coaches do their best to accommodate inlines in class exercises and skills.
We teach basic skills for roller skating that are needed for all styles of skating, including roller derby. We cover most of the non-contact skills required to start playing derby. However, we don’t teach derby specific game play skills. For that, we can help you get in touch with your local league. Lots of derby skaters come to our classes for extra time on skates, and cross training.
You need to be 14 years or above to participate in our adult classes. People aged 14 years or younger are to attend our kids classes.
As a general rule, we recommend that kids no younger than 3 join a junior class. Generally as soon as your little ones are comfortable running, they are ready to get on wheels! However, when they are very small we might need your help to guide and encourage them until they gain some confidence.
See the RollerFit Junior page for more info.
We sell all types of skates, across all disciplines. From beginner to advanced, recreational to professional. All of our coaches are well educated on the kinds of skates available, and what is best for each style of skating, so you might want to chat with us at your next classes. We love talking about skate gear, so don’t be shy.
We have made it easy for you to find the perfect skates for you and your style with our blogs on skate and gear that we love and recommend. Alternatively, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org for some advice.
To browse the options available, visit our shop. All RollerFit members receive a 10% discount on some of our stock.
The decision about whether to wear protective gear is up to each individual skater. However we do encourage protective gear be worn, especially if you are a beginner. You might see confident skaters zipping around with no padding or helmet, but they have probably been doing it a long time and probably wore gear while they built their skills. If you are looking at getting your own protective gear, we sell all types. Visit our shop and check out some of our recommendations here.
Generally, we do not offer general skating sessions. We only offer some open skate sessions at select venues. All of our RollerFit locations operate on indoor sports courts, which we hire out in order to run classes. We are not a roller skating rink, and skating is only available at our venues during our class times or special open skate sessions. From time to time, we run roller discos at our locations. You can find any upcoming events on our Facebook.
Yes! We have a great program for both kids and adults parties and events with very reasonable pricing packages. Parties are available on the Central Coast of NSW. If you would like more info, please email email@example.com with enquiries.
While we would love to have RollerFit at many more locations, and think skating should happen everywhere, opening at new venues takes a lot of resources and time. Usually when we open a new venue it is after years of planning and coordination. We might have plans of opening in new locations in the future, but unfortunately we can’t be everywhere. If you can’t make it to one of our venues you can follow along on our Instagram or Facebook page, and check out our Online Learn to Skate and Beginner Plus Programs.
If you are interested in becoming a RollerFit coach and live in a location close to a RollerFit venue contact Stacey@rollerfit.com.au to discuss any current openings.
If you haven’t found your answer in the FAQs above, send us an email.
We get a lot of questions coming to our inbox each day so please allow 5-7 business days for a response. We answer all our emails during business hours Monday – Friday.
Please make sure to specify which venue your question is in relation to or the nature of your enquiry in the subject line of your email.
General enquiries – firstname.lastname@example.org
NSW & ACT Classes – email@example.com
VIC Classes – firstname.lastname@example.org
QLD Classes – email@example.com
Shop queries – firstname.lastname@example.org